The Demon Chimera is a special Monster available during the Limited Time Monster event.
1. Players can fight the Limited Time Monster once per day (resets at 0:00 daily).
2. The Limited Time Monster cannot be shared publicly.
3. The Monster’s HP varies based on the player’s level and stats.
4. Players will receive a reward when the Monster's HP reaches 75%, 50%, 25%, and when it is defeated.
5. The Monster has three elemental forms, will change every day. The rewards will change accordingly.
*Damage doesn’t count towards “Monster Leaderboard”
Every day during the event you can fight a Demon Chimera once by clicking the event banner on the Home page. It's a personal monster, which means each player has his own and no one can join other players' Demon Chimeras, and you have to kill your own by yourself.
The Demon Chimera comes in 3 elemental forms:
- Demon Chimera of Earth
- Demon Chimera of Fire
- Demon Chimera of Lightning
Every day the elemental form you will face will be different, but the rotation in not random; all players face the same form on the same day. The first event occurence allowed players to fight six monsters, two of each form (in this order, twice: Earth, Fire, Lightning).
It appears every time the event comes back there are 6 monsters to kill.
- April 17 - April 22, 2020 (6 monsters)
- May 22 - May 27, 2020 (12 monsters total)
- June 16 - June 21, 2020 (18 monsters total)
- July 24 - July 29, 2020 (24 monsters total)
- August 24 - August 29, 2020 (30 monsters total)
- October 23 - October 28, 2020 (36 monsters total)
- November 24 - November 29, 2020 (42 monsters total)
- January 20 - January 25, 2020 (48 monsters total)
- February 23 - February 28, 2021 (54 monsters total)
- April 23 - April 28, 2021 (60 monsters total)
You can also check the event occurrences on this article: Events Rotation
The only difference between the three Demon Chimera elemental forms appears to be their artwork background and their final reward drop.
- Demon Chimera's breakpoint seems to be extremely low, probably 0 (source).
- Demon Chimera does NOT drop any Essence.
- Available Stamina buttons: 1, 50, 100, 200 (no 20 Stamina button).
- If you're using Barbarus, his power is directly fully charged after a single hit (even with only 1 stamina).
- The Arena bonus damage does NOT take effect against this monster.
- Monkey King's ability works against the Demon Chimera (it was not working in the first two occurrences of the event).
- Demon Chimera has no Health bar and doesn't require any action involving the use of Energy.
Demon Chimera's Health
The in-game information states "The Monster’s HP varies based on the player’s level and stats".
After gathering data, the monster's HP appears to be directly related to: player level + 2*max stamina.
Player level and stamina are probably the only two factors taken into account, and stamina counts roughly twice as much as level towards the increase in the monster's HP. Basically, the higher level you are and the more stamina you have, the more HP the Demon Chimera will have.
|Player Level||Player's Stamina||Monster's Health|
|You can find more data here: Demon Chimera Health - spreadsheet|
Obtaining rewards doesn't work in the same way as with other Monsters. You can collect up to four times (every time the Demon Chimera's Health reaches certain thresholds).
It doesn't matter whether you choose to collect the rewards every time a threshold is reached or to keep attacking the Chimera until it's dead and click the "Collect" button 4 times in a row.
Demon Chimera of Earth
Demon Chimera of Fire
Demon Chimera of Lightning
HP reaches 75%:
HP reaches 75%:
Defeating the 6 Demon Chimeras over the course of the event brings a total of:
- 90 Smelting Crystals
- 18 Rare Smelting Crystals
- 6 Demon Power (2 Earth, 2 Fire, 2 Lightning).
Demon Defender group (Legendary Off-hand):
- Specter Defender (Off-hand: 60 Attack, 80 Defense | 2 slots, +60 Physical Resistance, +30 Fire Resistance). Needs:
- Destroyer Defender (Off-hand: 70 Attack, 100 Defense | 2 slots, +90 Physical Resistance, +40 Fire Resistance). Needs:
- Demon Defender (Off-hand: 80 Attack,120 Defense | 3 slots, +120 Physical Resistance, +50 Fire Resistance). Needs:
Demon Gauntlet group (Legendary Gloves):
- Specter Gauntlet (Gloves: 90 Attack, 50 Defense | 2 slots, +50 Physical Pierce, +30 Water Resistance). Needs:
- Destroyer Gauntlet (Gloves: 120 Attack, 70 Defense | 2 slots, +75 Physical Pierce, +40 Water Resistance). Needs:
- Demon Gauntlet (Gloves: 150 Attack, 90 Defense | 3 slots, +100 Physical Pierce, +50 Water Resistance). Needs:
Demon Greaves group (Legendary Boots):
- Specter Greaves (Boots: 20 Attack, 20 Defense | 2 slots, +30 Earth Resistance, +30 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Destroyer Greaves (Boots: 35 Attack, 35 Defense | 2 slots, +40 Earth Resistance, +40 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Demon Greaves (Boots: 50 Attack, 50 Defense | 3 slots, +50 Earth Resistance, +50 Wind Resistance). Needs:
To be written.
- Introduced April 17, 2020.
- First forums discussion thread: Limited time monster: Demon Chimera
- Data gathering threads: Demon Chimera's HP - data gathering and The Demon Chimera is back! - Event #2 (May 2020)
- The Demon Chimera is available for players of all levels.
- There is no Achievement related to the Demon Chimera.
- Since December 31, 2020, Demon Chimera equipment is part of the Item Archives.
- It appears this monster works exactly the same way as the Anniversary Monster. The only differences seem to be the artwork and the rewards.