The Demon Chimera is a special Monster available during the Limited Time Monster event.
1. Players can fight the Limited Time Monster once per day (resets at 0:00 daily).
2. The Limited Time Monster cannot be shared publicly.
3. The Monster’s HP varies based on the player’s level and stats.
4. Players will receive a reward when the Monster's HP reaches 75%, 50%, 25%, and when it is defeated.
5. The Monster has three elemental forms, will change every day. The rewards will change accordingly.
*Damage doesn’t count towards “Monster Leaderboard”
Every day during the event you can fight a Demon Chimera once by clicking the event banner on the Home page. It's a personal monster, which means each player has his own and no one can join other players' Demon Chimeras, and you have to kill your own by yourself.
The Demon Chimera comes in 3 elemental forms:
- Demon Chimera of Earth
- Demon Chimera of Fire
- Demon Chimera of Lightning
Every day the elemental form you will face will be different, but the rotation in not random; all players face the same form on the same day. The first event occurence allowed players to fight six monsters, two of each form (in this order, twice: Earth, Fire, Lightning).
- April 17 - April 22, 2020 (6 monsters)
- May 22 - May 27, 2020 (6 monsters)
- June 16 - June 21, 2020 (6 monsters)
You can also check the event occurrences on this article: Events Rotation
The only difference between the three Demon Chimera elemental forms appears to be their artwork background and their final reward drop.
- Demon Chimera's breakpoint seems to be extremely low, probably 0 (source).
- Demon Chimera does NOT drop any Essence.
- Available Stamina buttons: 1, 50, 100, 200 (no 20 Stamina button).
- If you're using Barbarus, his power is directly fully charged after a single hit (even with only 1 stamina).
- The Arena bonus damage does NOT take effect against this monster.
- Monkey King's ability works against the Demon Chimera (it was not working in the first two occurrences of the event).
- Demon Chimera has no Health bar and doesn't require any action involving the use of Energy.
Demon Chimera's Health
The in-game information states "The Monster’s HP varies based on the player’s level and stats". After a quick first test, it looks like only player level and stamina matter. Although it's not entirely sure, and the formula may be determined later (you can help here: The Demon Chimera is back! - Event #2 (May 2020)).
Obtaining rewards doesn't work in the same way as with other Monsters. You can collect up to four times (every time the Demon Chimera's Health reaches certain thresholds).
It doesn't matter whether you choose to collect the rewards every time a threshold is reached or to keep attacking the Chimera until it's dead and click the "Collect" button 4 times in a row.
Demon Chimera of Earth
Demon Chimera of Fire
Demon Chimera of Lightning
HP reaches 75%:
HP reaches 75%:
Defeating the 6 Demon Chimeras over the course of the event brings a total of:
- 90 Smelting Crystals
- 18 Rare Smelting Crystals
- 6 Demon Power (2 Earth, 2 Fire, 2 Lightning).
Demon Defender group (Legendary Off-hand):
- Specter Defender (Off-hand: 60 Attack, 80 Defense | 2 slots, +60 Physical Resistance, +30 Fire Resistance). Needs:
- Destroyer Defender (Off-hand: 70 Attack, 100 Defense | 2 slots, +90 Physical Resistance, +40 Fire Resistance). Needs:
- Demon Defender (Off-hand: 80 Attack,120 Defense | 3 slots, +120 Physical Resistance, +50 Fire Resistance). Needs:
Demon Gauntlet group (Legendary Gloves):
- Specter Gauntlet (Gloves: 90 Attack, 50 Defense | 2 slots, +50 Physical Pierce, +30 Water Resistance). Needs:
- Destroyer Gauntlet (Gloves: 120 Attack, 70 Defense | 2 slots, +75 Physical Pierce, +40 Water Resistance). Needs:
- Demon Gauntlet (Gloves: 150 Attack, 90 Defense | 3 slots, +100 Physical Pierce, +50 Water Resistance). Needs:
Demon Greaves group (Legendary Boots):
- Specter Greaves (Boots: 20 Attack, 20 Defense | 2 slots, +30 Earth Resistance, +30 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Destroyer Greaves (Boots: 35 Attack, 35 Defense | 2 slots, +40 Earth Resistance, +40 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Demon Greaves (Boots: 50 Attack, 50 Defense | 3 slots, +50 Earth Resistance, +50 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Introduced April 17, 2020.
- First forums discussion thread: Limited time monster: Demon Chimera
- Data gathering thread: Demon Chimera's HP - data gathering
- The Demon Chimera is available for players of all levels.
- There is no Achievement related to the Demon Chimera and none of his gear is part of the Item Archives.
- It appears this monster works exactly the same way as the Anniversary Monster. The only differences seem to be the artwork and the rewards.
- Display bug: while the World Monster is active, its leaderboard appears on your personal Demon Chimera leaderboard (where normally nothing ever appears, not even your own damage total).