You have 168 hours to complete the battle before it flees.
- 1 Basic information
- 2 Additional Information
|Name||Type||Divine||Breakpoint||Time to kill||5% Health (Conquest)|
|Kessaran||Epic World||315||625||168 hours||25,000,000|
|Blade Arm||125,000,000||10||0||0||0||0||Blocks max 25% to Head|
|Spell Arm||125,000,000||10||0||0||0||0||Blocks max 25% to Head|
|1 Epic||2 Epics||Legendary||Gold Medal|
|Source: Castle Age Monsters Damage/Loot Spreadsheet|
*Note: there is 1 record of 17.4M and 0 legendary; if more appear, the threshold will be changed.
Kessaran, the Undying has 750,000,000 health. Use this text string to post DMG needed in monster chat:
- 1 Epic 3.9M, 2 Epic 7.5M, Legendary 12M
Participants: up to 155 people total, with the following distribution:
- 60 people levels 150+
- 35 people levels 100-149
- 30 people levels 50-99
- 30 people levels 1-49
Kessaran, the Undying has three different areas that can be attacked, each with its own health and resistance:
- Head (500,000,000): Dispatch to defeat Kessaran.
- Blade Arm (125,000,000): Dispatch to reduce head defense. When alive, reduces damage to head by a maximum of 25%, scaled by the amount of health left.
- Spell Arm (125,000,000): Dispatch to reduce head defense. When alive, reduces damage to head by a maximum of 25%, scaled by the amount of health left.
Kessaran has Piercing Resistance. It will block 0.5% of damage done to it for every Piercing Resistance point, for a total of X% damage block from Piercing.
- Head: +20 Piercing Resistance (Maximum block 20%)
- Blade Arm: +10 Piercing Resistance (Maximum block 10%)
- Spell Arm: +10 Piercing Resistance (Maximum block 10%)
All parts of Kessaran, the Undying have Divine Armor. This armor requires 315 Divine Power to get full damage, and blocks a maximum 0f 30% with no Divine Power, degrading by 0.095% for each point of Divine Power you have.
While fighting Kessaran, there are 5 siege weapons that can be launched to deal extra damage.
All Siege Weapons hit Kessaran's Head and are unaffected by blocks and resistances.
*Kessaran's Head has 500,000,000 HP
|Click to display|
Kessaran, the Undying Slain
Heeding the Silver Light council's warnings, you gather your forces intent on eradicating the pure evil known as Kessaran, the Undying. The being of destruction and decay is quickly making it's way out of the Undead realm, trying to reach the portals to the Demon realm. From there, Kessaran would have access to the surface world and force untold desecration upon Valeria, a fate unacceptable to you after all you have endured.
Penelope: "I have amassed the mightiest army the Silver Light Order could muster. Countless platinum knights are at your disposal. Quickly now, I will open a gateway to the Undead realm where we will face Kessaran. I must warn you, Kessaran is unlike any beast, monster, god or otherwise that you have ever encountered. We must plan and coordinate our attacks carefully. Kessaran is too powerful for a frontal assault."
Your army of holy warriors form up rank and file. Ivory-clad giants amass in the rear ranks as griffon aerial forces soar above you. The platinum knights form tight defensive positions and begin moving as one. Penelope finishes casting her gateway spell and rips open a portal leading to the Undead realm. Through the gateway you can see hordes of undead swarming at the penetrating light. In the back of the vast cavern you can see Kessaran, a giant embodiment of warping necromantic energies and dark armor. You watch your holy legions advance through the gate in good order. Soon you and your personal guard follow suite.
Kessaran: "Yessss come... famousss hero of Valeria... your soul will be a mighty addition yesss..."
Your platinum legions are the first to engage Kessarans forces, slicing through the swarms of undead barring their path. While the knight's armor makes them nigh impenetrable, the sheer weight and numbers of the undead begin engulfing the legions. You almost lose sight of the entire front rank until the holy wards activate, exploding the undead outwards. You look back and see Penelope fall from exhaustion, the spell sapping her energy. The Ivory Giants thunder up into the melee, crushing necromantic forces under foot while swinging their massive blessed ivory hammers.
Kessaran: "NOW mighty hero... feel the power of the UNDEAD! Yesssssss!"
Kessaran holds out his massive black-plated arm and you watch in paralyzing fear as dark necromantic energy rushes forth swirling about the Ivory Giants. Their pale skin begins to turn dark, crackling with blue energy. Their skin decays revealing massive skeletal monstrosities. Acting quickly, you order the griffin squadrons to dive into Kessaran. With their razor sharp claws, the griffins slam into Kessarans arm tearing away at the armor and interrupting his spell. You command the platinum knights to continue their advance ignoring the new skeletal giant threat. With a coordinated attack you unleash a powerful holy blast into Kessaran. Penelope gets back up and begins chanting a new spell with all her reserved might. A massive cleanse spell sweeps through the giants' ranks removing the dark curse. The skeletal giants crumple to the ground with an incredible thud.
You collapse to your knees, all energy exhausted. As your vision blurs and fades, you catch a glimpse of Kessaran with a massive crater in his chest where the holy blast had hit. Penelope rushes to your side as the guardsmen drag you from the battlefield.
You awaken back at the Silver Light cathedral with the Arbiters circled around your bedside. Reports indicate Kessaran collapsed into the dark earth defeated, but not destroyed. You can almost hear the dark whispers of the Undying monstrosity in the back of your mind.
Kessaran: "We ssshall meet again mighty hero... it iss not over..."
Rewards while fighting Kessaran, the Undying
108 Attack Essence
Rewards after slaying Kessaran, the Undying
|Uncommon Drops||Rare Drops||Epic Drops||Legendary Drops|
Pendant of Undeath
| Skeletal Remnants|
Loot thresholds for 99%:
- Epic: 1 - 3,830,000 (starts at 2,100,000), 2 - 7,440,000 (starts at 3,270,000)
- Legendary: 1 - 12,000,000* (starts at 5,350,000)
- Note: there is 1 record of 17.4M and 0 legendary; if more appear, the threshold will be changed.
You can check the loot drop rates on this chart: Kessaran, the Undying loot drop rates
Warning: These charts are based on a relatively small dataset and the numbers might be off.
- Living Death (Weapon: 50 Attack, 28 Defense, 140 Divine Power). Needs:
- Flask of Undeath x17 (must be level 250 or above to perform this alchemy)
- Bronze Ingot of Physical Piercing. Needs:
- Bronze Ingot Stack of Physical Piercing. Needs:
- Bronze Ingot of Physical Resistance. Needs
- Bronze Ingot Stack of Physical Resistance. Needs
- Neo Alystra (Hero: 25 Attack, 20 Defense, +Attack based on X% of Player's Divine Power, +15 Divine Power). Needs:
- Eternal Bloom x25
- Gorgon Protector (Shield: 38 Attack, 40 Defense, 1 slot, 25 Physical Pierce). Needs:
- Adversary item archive:
- Legendary item archive:
- Gorgon Protector x5: +7 Defense each.
- Gold Medal: 12,500,000 pure damage in less than 24 hours (before 144 hours monster timer): +3 Skill Points (one-time award)
- Slay Kessaran, the Undying 5 times (1,000,000 min dmg + def): +5 Favor Points.
- Slay Kessaran, the Undying 5 times (5,000,000 min dmg, secondary targets have > 75% health): +3 Skill Points
- Introduced: March 26, 2012
- Legendary loot (Skeletal Remnants) added on September 12, 2013
- Legendary loot (Eternal Bloom) added on January 21, 2014
- Kessaran was named after Kessar Nashat, the winner of the castle age forum PvP tournament.
- Please help the Castle Age community by entering your loot data in THIS spreadsheet.
- The loot thresholds in this article are also based on Ditendra08's more recent personal spreadsheet which can be found HERE.