You have 168 hours to complete the battle before it flees.
|Name||Type||Divine||Breakpoint||Time to kill|
|Kraken||Epic World||0||295||168 hours|
|1 Epic||2 Epics||Epic Summoner||Gold Medal|
|Source: Castle Age Monsters Damage/Loot Spreadsheet|
Use this text string to post DMG needed in monster chat:
- 1 Epic 2.2M, 2 Epic 4.1M, Summoner >5.0M
Participants: up to 145 people total, with the following distribution:
- 50 people levels 150+
- 35 people levels 100-149
- 30 people levels 50-99
- 30 people levels 1-49
This battle uses the Monster Class system.
While fighting Kraken, there are 5 siege weapons that can be launched to deal extra damage.
All Siege Weapons hit Kraken and are unaffected by blocks and resistances.
*Kraken has 300,000,000 HP
Clicks needed for the last 3 weapons not confirmed.
|Click to display|
Kraken says: "Who dares to defile the City of Atlantis!"
You and your men have been on the open sea for several days now. Although unexciting, you are thankful that the trip has been uneventful. However, as the air cools and the skies darken, you know that period of peace will be short-lived. The waves are getting higher and higher and you hope this ships will stay afloat. In the distance, you can see a large whirlpool forming and quickly inform all ships to change course to avoid the dangerous obstruction. Then out of nowhere a large sea monster rises above the water and towers over the fleet of ships.
Kraken: "Who dares to defile the City of Atlantis?"
The massive creature has multiple tentacles flailing about crushing ships as if they were mere playthings. You quickly direct all ships to head for the cliffs. The remaining ships do their best to escape the reach of the Kraken. Going full speed ahead, you are able to reach the cliffs although some of the others ships were less fortunate to do so. You put into motion your plan. You direct a few of the remaining ships to circle west around the Kraken while doing their best to stay out of the Kraken's grasp. The the ships along the cliff wall will do try to keep the Kraken's attention.
You and your men fire arrows but they bounce harmlessly off of the Kraken's thick hide. At least the Kraken has ignored the ships circling around it. The ships have reached the attack point and fire off a flaming arrow into the sky to signal for the counterattack. The ship fires a large ballista towards the Kraken. It missed! You signal again for another volley. Another large ballista arrow is launched from the ship deck. It strikes the Kraken in the tentacle and the forward momentum of the arrow pins the tentacle against the cliff wall as you had planned. Now the beast is vulnerable!
Although still dangerous, you now have an opening to slay the beast. The Kraken continues to flail about screaming in anguish over its pinned tentacle. You are able to get close enough to the beast and dive into the water without fear for your own well-being. Fending off and avoiding the tentacles you reach the beast. You look at it and realize that it was only doing its job of being a guardian but it has destroyed the lives of your men and you must push forth into Atlantis. You plunge your blade into the eye of the Kraken and it shrieks in pain. The beast continues to flail around for mere moments before it starts sinking down back into the depths of the ocean. You can now continue your journey forward.
Kraken says: "Lord Poseidon will not allow your presence to corrupt Atlantis!"
Rewards while fighting The Kraken
100 Damage Essence
Rewards after slaying The Kraken
|Uncommon Drops||Rare Drops||Epic Drops|
| Empyrean Plate|
Armor: Attack:10 Defense:6
| Kraken's Flail|
Weapon: Attack:24 Defense:22
| Tentacle Armlet|
Gloves: Attack:12 Defense:12
Pendant of the Sea
|Epic Summoner Drops||
Relic of the Kraken
Loot thresholds for 99%:
- Epic: 1 - 2,130,000 (starts at 1,320,000), 2 - 4,070,000 (starts at 2,730,000)
- Epic Summoner: 1 - Unknown (starts at 4,910,000)
- Emerald Ring (Ring: 10 Attack, 10 Defense) and +7 Skill Points. One-time alchemy. Needs:
- Amethyst Ring (Ring: 10 Attack, 10 Defense) and +10 Skill Points. One-time alchemy. Needs:
- Ruby Ring (Ring: 10 Attack, 10 Defense) and +10 Skill Points. One-time alchemy. Needs:
- Eye of the Kraken x4 (from the Atlantis II's Fortress quest)
- Relic of the Kraken x3
- Horn of the Sea x2 (from the Atlantis II's Path quest)
- Brilliant Scroll of Atlantis x3 (from the Atlantis II's Underwater quest)
- Mystical Scroll of Atlantis x4 (from the Atlantis II's Underwater quest)
- Elder Scroll of Atlantis x2 (from the Atlantis II's Underwater quest)
None of The Kraken's items or alchemies are in the Item Archives at the moment (2017/12/09)
- Gold Medal: 8,000,000 pure damage in less than 24 hours (before 144 hours monster timer): +3 Skill Points (one-time award)
- Slay The Kraken 5 times (1,000,000 min dmg + def): +5 Favor Points.
- Introduced: September 13, 2011
- Please help the Castle Age community by entering your loot data in THIS spreadsheet. We need more data to get accurate thresholds.