This is a feature of Land of Mist following the defeat of monsters resulting from a HARD Explore. Once the land has been cleared of its defending monsters, there is a normal 24h collect period. At the end of the 24h, the land will either convert to the normal 48h protected mode OR generate the legendary mine monster Ouroboros
You have 168 hours to complete the battle before it flees.
|Name||Type||Divine||Breakpoint||Time to kill||5% Health (Conquest)|
|Ouroboros||Mist Boss||0||~4,000||168 hours||125,000,000|
|1 Epic||2 Epics||3 Epics||Legendary||Gold Medal|
|Source: Castle Age Monsters Damage/Loot Spreadsheet|
Use this text string to post DMG needed in monster chat:
- 1 Epic 42.7M, 2 Epic 73.9M, 3 Epic 144.1M, Legendary 227.2M
Participants: only guild members may participate in the battle, with the following distribution:
- 100 people levels 500+
- 40 people levels 150-499
- 20 people levels 100-149
Stance Combat System
See the Monster Stance page for more info.
You can see your stance in the "General Alliance" tab; it is your main general's level + the levels of its allied generals that share his/her type (aggresive, balanced or defensive).
A) Your stance matches or is higher than the monster's stance:
- Each action gives you Contribution Points: displayed below your damage, they allow you to be eligible for prizes.
- With an aggresive alliance, your actions will raise the "Damage bar", giving a bonus to damage.
- With a defensive alliance, your actions will raise the "Critical bar", increasing chances of getting a critical.
- With a balanced alliance, your actions will lower the "Decay rate", the speed at which previous bonuses vanish (their bars empty)
B) Your stance is lower than the monster's stance:
- You don't get Contribution Points.
- You don't fill any of the bars above (Damage, Critical, Decay)
Ouroboros' stance difficulty rating is 30.
|Level||Point Range||Damage Boost||Critical Boost|
Critical boost for Levels 2-MAX not verified.
Decay starts at -5.0 per second, and decreases with successful attacks with a balanced general.
Get both the damage and critical bars to max level to unlock ultimate attack mode. When ultimate attack mode is activated, players have a limited time to take advantage of vastly increased damage and critical chance before both bars reset to their starting values.
Players have 2 minutes to attack with +100% damage, and +10% critical chance.
Ouroboros has Piercing Resistances, and Wind Weaknesses.
- Main Body: -50 Wind Resistance, +100 Piercing Resistance
While fighting Ouroboros, there are 5 siege weapons that can be launched to deal extra damage.
All Siege Weapons hit Ouroboros and are unaffected by blocks and resistances.
*Ouroboros has 2,500,000,000 HP
Every weapon needs confirmation.
|Click to display|
The Desert Wastes are home to many monsters where they lurk and multiply unchecked by heroes. One such monster is Ouroboros, once an ordinary snake until it attacked an unfortunate wizard crossing the desert. The dying wizard cursed the serpent to an eternity of endless agony and the fell magics transformed the snake into the monster Ouroboros. Unable to die, the snake wandered the wastes devouring all it came across and slowly growing in size and power.
Over the centuries, its mind grew along with its body and it developed a intelect twisted by the constant pain. It learned to hate and despise wizards because of the curse and made a special point of hunting them whenever they ventured into the wastes. Eventually, travelers learned to avoid the wastes and the number of wizards venturing through them dwindled to nothing. Rumors grew of a unknown horror that lurked within the wastes and even the most stalwart travelers found alternate paths.
With no more wizards to devour, Ourobros has ventured out of the wastes seeking more wizards to vent its rage upon. Though you are tempted to let it eat some of the finger wagglers to teach the rest an important lesson about overly dramatic death curses, you feel like you should kill the overgrown snake before it starts eating everyone.
Gathering your allies, including a group of nervous wizards, you head out to stop the serpent's rampage. It is easy to follow the track of the serpent by the trail of destroyed mage towers and ruined academies. Eventually you come across the worm near an abandoned mine and lay a cunning trap. Ordering the protesting mages to the mine entrance, you hide the rest of your army nearby. It does't take long before Ouroboros take the bait and moves to the old mine.
As it moves to devour the mages, the rogues and warriors strike from the flank while your mages and clerics attempt to magically bind it in place. The battle appears to be going well until the magics holding the serpent at bay suddenly fail. It seems that it has acquired a resistance to magic after its years of devouring wizards. With no time to spare, you interpose yourself between the creature and the now panicking wizards. While it is focused on the tasty, panicking, treats behind you, you ram your sword straight into its belly dealing its deathblow.
With Ouroboros dead, the grateful wizards promise to enchant the abandoned mine to ensure a rich yield. You accept reasoning that at least this will keep them occupied and not making ill-conceived uncontrollable abominations or whatever it is that wizards do in their free time.
Rewards while fighting Ouroborus
108 Attack Essence
Rewards after slaying Ouroborus
|Rare Drops||Epic Drops||Legendary Drops|
| Shield of Endless Cycles Off-Hand: Attack:30 Defense:70|
Item Bonus: +25 Earth Pierce, -10 Water Resistance, +50 Physical Pierce
Helm of the Sorcerer-King Helmet: Attack:100 Defense:90
| Green Wurm Skin|
| Blue Wurm Eye|
Loot thresholds for 99%:
- Rare: 1 > 17,695,356 (starts at 9.5M), 2 - 47,200,000 (starts at 14.2M), 3 - 85,340,000 (starts at 16.1M), 4 - 114,900,000 for 50% (starts at 19.7M)
- Epic: 1 - 42,680,000 (starts at 24,790,000), 2 - 73,840,000 (starts at 38,150,000), 3 - 144,070,000 (starts at 82,170,000).
- You must deal the damage above AND at least 14.9M CP (contribution points)
- Legendary: 1 - 227,110,000 (starts at 138.6M).
- You must deal the damage above AND at least 98.3M CP (contribution points)
- Fang Glave (Weapon: 125 Attack, 100 Defense, 2 slots, +35 Physical Pierce, +35 Earth Pierce, -25 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Elandal Stompers (Boots: 15 Attack, 15 Defense, +15 Physical Pierce, +25 Earth Pierce, -5 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Envenomed Glave (Weapon: 125 Attack, 125 Defense, 2 slots, +100 Physical Pierce, +55 Earth Pierce, -25 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Elandal Greaves (Boots: 20 Attack, 20 Defense, 1 slot, +15 Physical Pierce, +25 Earth Pierce, -5 Wind Resistance). Needs:
- Maw of the Void (Weapon: 150 Attack, 125 Defense, 3 slots, +125 Physical Pierce, +80 Earth Pierce, -35 Wind Resistance, +200 Poison Damage). Needs:
- Elandal Crushers (Boots: 25 Attack, 25 Defense, 1 slot, +25 Physical Pierce, +25 Earth Pierce, -10 Wind Resistance, 3% to Evade). Needs:
None of this monster's items or alchemies are in the Item Archives at this moment (2017/05/15)
- Gold Medal: this monster doesn't have a gold medal award at the moment (2017/05/15)
- Slay Ouroboros 5 Times (1,000,000 min dmg + def): +5 Favor Points.
- Introduced: January 23, 2016, with spawn rate adjusted to increase with guild level on January 28, 2016.
- Please help the Castle Age community by entering your loot data in THIS spreadsheet.