Vargulis, First Brood can be summoned on the Alchemy Summons page if you have 50 energy on hand and are at least level 450.
You have 168 hours to complete the battle before he flees.
|Name||Type||Divine||Breakpoint||Time to kill||5% Health (Conquest)|
|Vargulis, First Brood||Epic World||0||~60?||168 hours||112,500,000|
|1 Epic||2 Epics||3 Epics||Legendary||Gold Medal|
|Source: Castle Age Monsters Damage/Loot Spreadsheet|
Vargulis, First Brood has 2.250.000.000 health. Use these text strings to post DMG needed in monster chat:
- 1 Rare 28.0M, 2 Rares 49.0M, 3 Rares 85.1M, 4 Rare ????
- 1 Epic 36.7M, 2 Epics 68.9M, 3 Epics 119.8M, Legendary 204.4M
Participants: up to 160 people total, with the following distribution:
- 100 people levels 500+
- 40 people levels 150-499
- 20 people levels 100-149
Vargulis, First Brood Combat System
See the Monster Stance page for more info.
Vargulis, First Brood's stance is 35.
|Level||Point Range||Damage Boost||Critical Boost|
Decay starts at -5.0 per second, and decreases with successful attacks with a balanced general.
Get both the damage and critical bars to max level to unlock ultimate attack mode. When ultimate attack mode is activated, players have a limited time to take advantage of vastly increased damage and critical chance before both bars reset to their starting values.
Players have 2 minutes to attack with +100% damage, and +10% critical chance.
While fighting Vargulis, there are 5 siege weapons that can be launched to deal extra damage.
All Siege Weapons hit Vargulis's All Heads and are unaffected by blocks and resistances.
*Vargulis's All Heads has 2,250,000,000 HP
|Click to display|
With a mighty roar, the dragon Vargulis falls to your blade. With his death, you are free to plunder the trinkets and valuables he has collected over many lifetimes. Unimaginable riches are now yours along with powerful magics thought lost to the ages. Who knows what artifacts you may yet discover plundering his horde or what the secrets there will teach you. The only thing that is certain is that this is not the end of your quest and that more adventure awaits you in Valeria!
Rewards while fighting Vargulis
108 Damage Essence
Rewards after slaying Vargulis
|Rare Drops||Epic Drops||Legendary Drops|
| Flamebound Gauntlets Gloves: Attack:80 Defense:25|
Item Bonus: 2 slots, +20 Physical Pierce,
+10 Fire Pierce, -15 Water Resistance
Flamebound Boots Boots: Attack:15 Defense:8
Loot thresholds for 99%:
- Rare (*): 1 - 28.0 million (starts at 3.3m), 2 - 49.0 million (starts at 21.4m), 3 - 85.1 million (starts at 33.4m), 4 - ? (starts at 81.9m)
- Epic: 1 - 36,700,000 (starts at 20,530,000), 2 - 68,810,000 (starts at 39,560,000), 3 - 119,740,000 (starts at 72,980,000)
- Legendary: 1 - 204,310,000 (starts at 103,520,000)
(*): these ones are high quality and most newer players should pursue them early on.
- Sparkflame, (Magic: 60 Attack, 60 Defense, +10 Fire Pierce). Needs:
- Flamebound Guard, (Off-hand: 50 Attack, 65 Defense, +40 Physical Resistance, 10 Fire Resistance, -25 Water Resistance, 1 slot). Needs:
- Pureflame, (Magic: 65 Attack, 65 Defense, +25 Fire Pierce). Needs:
- Flamebound Defender, (Off-hand: 60 Attack, 75 Defense, +90 Physical Resistance, +25 Fire Resistance, -25 Water Resistance, 1 slot). Needs:
- Magmaflame, (Magic: 65 Attack, 65 Defense, +50 Fire Pierce). Needs:
- Flamebound Destroyer, (Off-hand: 70 Attack, 80 Defense, +90 Physical Resistance, +25 Fire Resistance, -25 Water Resistance, 2 slots). Needs:
None of this monster's items or alchemies are in the Item Archives at this moment (2018-11-30)
- Gold Medal: 56.250.000 pure damage in less than 24 hours (before 144 hrs monster timer): +3 Skill Points (one-time award)
- Slay Vargulis, First Brood 5 times (1,000,000 min dmg + def): +5 Favor Points
- Introduced: May 15, 2015
- Please help the Castle Age community by entering your loot data in THIS spreadsheet.